Sedation dentistry makes dental work possible for people who have a phobia of dental procedures and for those who are resistant to numbing. We have many patients who have been surprised by how easy their dental appointment was when they took advantage of our sedation dentistry expertise. But, even if you are not afraid of the dentist’s chair, you can still enjoy the many benefits that sedation dentistry holds. Not only does it make your entire experience more pleasant, it can mean less physical trauma during the procedure and reduce soreness after extensive dental work.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Fear of the dentist’s chair is one of the main reasons that people put off the dental work they need. When you have a good experience and do not have the pain and soreness after a dental procedure, the dread melts away. Some of the benefits of sedation dentistry include:
- A more comfortable procedure. You won’t experience the tension and pain that often accompanies dental work because your body and mind will be relaxed.
- The efficacy of local anesthesia is enhanced, which is especially helpful for patients who are resistant to numbing.
- You will have little or no memory of the procedure, and the sounds and smells associated with dental work.
- Anxiety and worry the night before your appointment is eliminated.
- Your procedure will go more quickly.
- You can have multiple procedures during a single visit.
- Pain and soreness caused by muscle tension and strain during dental work are eliminated.
Most important, you will have a more positive outlook on dental work, so you will be more likely to take care of your teeth in a timely fashion in the future.